Click here to check out
The Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

mumps vaccine = mumps?

I find this mumps story rather interesting. All age groups are coming down with mumps in Iowa, including those who've been innoculated with the MMR vaccine.
When 11-year-old Will Hean of Davenport starting feeling sick in mid-January, his family thought he had a bad case of the flu. But his face and throat swelled and his temperature climbed to 103. His parents took him to the doctor, and he was diagnosed to their surprise with full-blown mumps.

About two weeks later, the Heans' daughter, Kate, 21, came down with the mumps, too.

Both children had gotten the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine, or MMR. So had their other son, 13-year-old Jimmy, who did not get the mumps.
I deliberately did not allow my two children to be vaccinated with MMR, for two reasons. One, measles, mumps and rubella are generally not serious, life-threatening diseases in children. (In pregnant women, rubella can cause serious birth defects). When I was a child, I remember kids getting these diseases. I know for sure I had the mumps, and I also had either the measles or the German measles (rubella), if not both. There's far too many vaccines shot into kids these days before they reach their second birthday, while their immune systems are very immature.

The second reason is that MMR is one of those vaccines made from tissue from an aborted human fetus. I'm talking about an infected baby that was deliberately aborted so that his cells could be harvested. Call it what you will, but I call it cannibalism.

The other major vaccine made from aborted fetuses is the Chickenpox vaccine. Unfortunately, I ignorantly allowed my first-born to be vaccinated with this stupid vaccine because I didn't know better at the time. (Chickenpox is another rather benign (although certainly inconveniencing) childhood disease, which can be a lot worse if you get it as an adult). Ever since then I've made it a point to never let my children get vaccinated for anything until I've thoroughly investigated the pros and cons of the vaccine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ross said...

I know I had mumps and chicken pox for sure and maybe the measles, too. I had no idea that some vaccines were created using aborted babies, though. Do you have a link for that?

10:18 AM  
Blogger jmc said...

Try this link. Googling "aborted" along with "vaccine" can find you many other links on the subject.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home