Click here to check out
The Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

ron paul rocks on colbert!

First off, apologizes for taking such a long break from the blog - I really didn't intend to. But I organized the Greater Chicago Ron Paul Meetup Group 3 1/2 weeks ago, and it's been consuming just about every minute of free time I have. We've swelled to 217 members as of right now, second largest of 301 groups worldwide. We reached thousands at the Chicago Blues Festival this past weekend, and we're ready to hit all the major summer summer festivals throughout the city and the burbs. You've no doubt noticed the banner ad on the blog - if you're a Ron Paul fan, please join us or whatever Ron Paul meetup is local to your area. And speaking of Ron Paul...

Man, he kicked ass on Colbert's show tonight! I was a little concerned how he would do with a phony persona host like Colbert, but Ron was in great form and handled it like a pro. I am very impressed with how he handled each question. In an earlier post I mentioned how, after watching him in the first debate, I thought he really had to be a little more optimistic and lose his angry edge so he can connect with the American people more. I am pleased to report that he has done so in spades.

Go Ron Paul!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jake from Debt Sucks said...

I too was concerned about how he would do with Colbert, and how Colbert would treat him, as he sometimes gets really hard on his guests. Feel free to read my post about it.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was kind of worried about how Dr. Paul would do on Colbert Report, too, but he was fantastic. I especially liked his hand-raising towards the end of the interview.

It's fantastic to see you've organized the Chicago MeetUp. Great job for doing so well! I haven't organized it, but I'm participating in the Sacramento area MeetUp - or, at least, I've signed up. I'll attend an event if and when my work schedule ever allows it! But I've got my boss supporting Paul, so at least I'm doing some good for the campaign through my work.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home