Click here to check out
The Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

Saturday, May 28, 2005

the longest yard

While waiting to get XM Radio installed in my car today, I sat through a matinee showing of the remake, "The Longest Yard". I have never seen the original nor read the story it was based on, so I can't comment on that. The movie was an okay comedy, but I could never get past the unease of watching violent criminals engage in wacky hijinks. Prison is not a fun place from what I've heard and it's explicit in the movie that some of the "good" players are extremely violent felons. It's a pet peeve of mine that fiction often portrays criminals as just average joes with unusual skills or past occupations and this movie is no exception so big thumbs down despite the occasional laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home