Click here to check out
The Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

goodbye mr. wanniski, you will be missed

This is old news by now, but I wanted to note the passing of Jude Wanniski. As a supply-sider his economic beliefs were somewhat warped im my opinion, but I agreed with many of his foreign policy articles. He was consistently antiwar. Long before the Iraq war, he strongly opposed the economic sanctions against Iraq, and he opposed the first Iraq war as well. Notice how this lengthy obit in the New York Times completely avoids mentioning his many writings on foreign policy; I guess that isn't news fit to print. To its credit, the obit does mention that Wanniski called President Bush "an imperialist".

As a side note, I apologize for not posting much this past week. Both work and home life have been busier than normal and I hope to get back to my regular blogging this weekend. In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of Katrina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home