Click here to check out
The Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

Saturday, September 10, 2005

stolen

Remember this post, wherein I note that my model and year of car is the third most stolen car this year? Well, when I got up this morning, guess whose car was missing from the driveway? Yup, mine!!! Death to thieves!!! The police said that there's a good chance my car will be recovered, but only after it's been stripped of its goodies. At this point, I just hope that if it's stripped to the bone, the insurance company will just re-imburse me for the whole car, rather than try to fix it.

The girlfriend marveled at my stoic attitude but the bottom line is I will be OK, nothing irreplaceable was lost and I'll be able to get on with my life with only a minimal amount of disruption and, honestly, how can I moan and groan when there are people all over the world and in the U.S. who are really suffering? I was concerned about the fact that a set of house keys were in the car so I had the girlfriend drive me home ASAP and I got the locks changed.

As Marcus Aurelius once said, "it's in the past, baby, so deal with it, just deal with it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home