Click here to check out
The Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

i work with conservatives

I continue to be astonished at the depth of conservatism displayed by some of my co-workers. DLA is a co-worker and neighbor who has been gracious enough to give me rides to work until I get a new car and some of the conversations we've had in during the morning drive have been quite enlightening.

How conservative is Mr. A? Apparently newly appointed Chief Justice John Roberts is too liberal for his tastes and the nomination of Harriet Miers has DLA declaring that President Bush should just change his voter registration to Democrat!

OK, at least I can understand the ultraconservative mind, even if I don't agree with it, but today produced what I can only describe as disturbing. This morning everyon in my division had to go to an "all hands" meeting at a nearby visitors' complex. Alas, they have a "no knives" policy and a metal detector so I was forced walk back to the car to drop off my Leatherman "micra" knife. Naturally, as we drove back to work afterwards, I grumbled about what a silly rule it was. As if I was going to take over the visitor center and crash it into a building! Now, since I've known about DLA's ultraconservative nature, I've been pretty quiet about my own classically liberal attitudes, but my complaints this morning prompted DLA to label me an anarchist! Of course, I am an anarcho-capitalist, but DLA didn't know that! Later in the day, I bumped into him again and pointed out that I didn't actually break any laws, I just argued against a particular regulation, but apparently that was enough.

Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home