Click here to check out
The Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

Monday, January 09, 2006

syriana

The girlfriend and I went to see "Syriana" Saturday night. She wanted to see it when it first came out a few weeks ago, but I figured it was an anti-capitalist diatribe by leftists like Clooney. I ended up reading a good review of it over at antiwar.com by Charles Peña so I changed my mind. It's OK, politics-wise, considering who made it. The businesses are corrupt, but it's clear that it's the State that is doing the most evil and the problem with the corporations is the corruption that comes with making deals with the State. The major problem with the movie is that there are too many story lines and too many characters. There's a whole subplot with suicide bombers that is completely unnecessary and adds nothing to the major story arc of the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home