Click here to check out
The Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

Monday, April 10, 2006

diet blogging update

Well, it's been three weeks since my last update and the good news is that I'm down 1.5 lbs. since my last reports. Not too dramatic sounding but when you consider that it's a 3.5 drop since last week, it's actually pretty good. The process has been a bit frustrating, since I've been gaining weight on some weeks, much to my consternation. I think the diet is good, though, so even on weeks of weight gain, I found it pretty easy to stick to it and not give up.

I made several refinements over the last week and I'm hoping that they cause the dramatic loss over the last week and will continue to let me lose at a reasonable pace. The biggest change was eliminating fruit juices from my morning meal. I had considered doing so for a while, but that sweet orange juice was just too yummy to get rid of at first. After two weeks of weight gain, I was casting about for something to change and some discussions with jmc led me to drop the juice. Orange juice has a pretty high glycemic index, making it no better than sugar in some regards. Since sugar is a no no on this regimen, OJ was a leading candidate for elimination. Also eliminated was any diet drinks that had nutrasweet in them so I'm basically down to drinking water with almost all my meals. One thing I added was calcium pills. I've been tracking my nutrition with Fitday.com and noticed that I was consistently underconsuming calcium. I've been trying to get calcium through natural sources like kale, but was still falling short, so it was either crank up on the cheese eating or do a pill and I choose the later.

I'm hoping that this combo will do the trick and allow me to consistently lose weight. It's frustrating having to pass up foods I really like and if there's no visible benefit, then why not have that cheese danish?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home