Click here to check out
The Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

doot doot

Wow, the stuff you can learn from Wikipedia. I've always kind of liked the electronic music band Underworld, since first hearing them in the mid to late 90's. I've also always remembered the song "doot doot", by a group called Freur, since first hearing it in the early 80's (and never hearing it again, except from my own homemade cassette tape). I never knew until yesterday, while surfing around on Wikipedia, that the two main guys from Underworld, Karl Hyde and Rick Smith, were the same two guys who formed Freur. I'm sure most true Underworld fans already knew this, but since I've been more or less a casual fan of the band, it had eluded me all these years.

By the way, Freur was a name the group came up with under pressure, because they were originally known as just an unpronounceable squiggle symbol. This was years before Prince pulled the same trick with his unpronounceable symbol. You can see the video for "doot doot" here, not that the video is anything special, but it is a cool song.

It's things like this that make me wonder how many other connections between various people and things am I unaware of, even though I'm aware of the individual things themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home