Click here to check out
The Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

failure to launch

The girlfriend and I went to see "Failure to Launch" last night. I had heard bad reviews so I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. It's a decent movie with quite a few laugh out loud moments.

The only thing that bugged me about the movie is the fact that Sarah Jessica Parker's character, who gets paid to make guys fall in love with her so that they will move out of their parent's homes, is basically evil. She emotionally manipulates men, usually geeky losers obsessed with Star Wars, but in this case Matthew McConaughey. My GF accuses me of overanalyzing the movie, but I'm stumped as to how MM can fall in love with someone who betrays people for a living. Maybe he's used to it. He seems rather forgiving with his two best friends, who also act rather deceitfully and manipulative as well, willing to betray his confidence on an emotionally sensitive secret from his past. It also annoyed me that two of the supporting characters in the movie fall in love for no particular reason.

So thumbs up if you don't mind watching a bunch of amoral characters manipulate and deceive each other for your amusement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home